10 surefire reasons why today’s students need tech in classroom
Technology is everywhere, playing along in almost every part of our lives. It affects how we shop, socialize, connect, play, and most importantly learn. With their efficiency and increasing presence in our lives it only makes sense to have mobile technology or usage of brilliant apps in the classroom.
Yet there are some schools that are delaying this imminent future of using technology in the classroom as the valuable learning tool it is.
1) If used correctly, will help prepare students for their future careers, which will definitely include the use of wireless technology.
2) Integrating technology into the classroom is definitely a great way to reach diversity in learning styles.
3) It gives students the chance to interact with their classmates more by encouraging collaboration.
4)Technology helps the teachers prepare students for the real world environment. As our nation becomes increasingly more technology-dependent, it becomes even more necessary that to be successful citizens, students must learn to be tech-savvy.
5) Integrating technology in education everyday helps students stay engaged. Today’s students love technology so they are sure to be interested in learning if they can use the tools they love.
6) With technology, the classroom is a happier place. Students are excited about being able to use technology and therefore are more apt to learn.
7) When mobile technology is readily available in the classroom, students are able to access the most up-to-date information quicker and easier than ever before.
8) The traditional passive learning mold is broken. With technology in the classroom the teacher becomes the encourager, adviser, and coach.
9) Students become more responsible. Technology helps students take more control over their own learning. They learn how to make their own decisions and actually think for themselves.
10) Student can have access to digital textbooks that are constantly updated and often more vivid, helpful, creative, and a lot cheaper than those old heavy books.
If your school is still debating using the latest technology, I hate to break it to you, but it’s the inevitable future of education anyways. It is important that school wireless networks keep up with the ever changing technology in order to keep up with our students.
From the ease of communicating with their teachers via e-mail, to quickly accessing an overabundance of information online about a particular topic they have learned about in class, technology is needed in today’s classroom.